We invite Australian citizens and Australian permanent residents who wish to return to Australia and have been unable to do so to register their details with us: https://covid19.dfat.gov.au/citizeninformation/s/.
For information for Australian citizens and permanent residents seeking to return to Australia, please visit: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/COVID-19/trying-get-home
For information on Australia’s current border settings, the conditions and requirements in order to travel to Australia, exemption applications for immediate family members and travel for compassionate grounds, and visas, please visit: https://covid19.homeaffairs.gov.au/coming-australia
*Update – 15 January 2021: From 22 January 2021, passengers travelling to Australia are required to provide evidence of a negative COVID-19 (PCR) test at check-in. For more information, please visit: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/news-and-updates/update-new-measures-return-australia *
For information on the border and health measures in place upon arrival in Australia, please visit: https://www.smartraveller.gov.au/while-youre-away/returning-australia
TEMPORARY ARRANGEMENTS DURING CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) PANDEMIC
The Australian Embassy in Brussels continues to offer passport, consular and notarial services during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. The Embassy provides these services by appointment only.
Please visit our Passports, Consular or Notarial pages for further information on those respective services.
Please note the availability of appointments is currently limited to some weekdays between 9.30 and 12.00.
If you have an enquiry or wish to book a passport or notarial appointment, please email us at [email protected].
If you have a consular or passport emergency, please call us on +32 (0) 2 286 0500. If you are calling after business hours, please call the 24/7 Consular Emergency Centre on +61 2 6261 3305.
VISITING OUR OFFICES DURING COVID-19
- You must have an appointment to visit our offices.
- If you have a fever, cough or any COVID-19 symptoms, please reschedule your appointment. We also encourage you to seek medical advice (such as from the Belgian hotline: 0800 14 689).
- Please do not bring friends or family members to your appointment. However, if you are applying for a child passport, both parents are welcome to attend.
- Please arrive as close to your appointment time as possible.
- You must wear a mask at all times during your visit to the Embassy.
- You will be asked to sanitise your hands before commencing your appointment.