How to lodge your Australian Passport application
All Australian citizens must lodge their passport application in person. Passport application interviews at the Embassy in Brussels are offered by appointment only. We are not able to accept applications by mail or courier. This helps us to protect you, by protecting the security and integrity of your Australian passport. Please contact us on + 32 (0)2 286 0500 or by email for further advice or to make an appointment to lodge your application. Appointments are available from Monday to Friday from 09:00 to 12:30hrs. Please note the Embassy is closed on certain public holidays.
Please note that child applications should be lodged in person by a parent or person with parental responsibility for the child. The parent or person lodging the application is not required to be an Australian citizen, but will need to bring photographic proof of their own identity to the appointment.
If you are an Australian citizen living or currently staying in Belgium or Luxembourg, you can either complete and print an online application form or request a blank application form to be mailed to you.
- Apply for a passport online
- Ask a passport-related question by an email to email@example.com
If you wish to apply for an Australian Passport, please read the following information carefully.
- You must bring your current or most recent Australian passport if you have one
- You should complete the form using black ink and print within the boxes in BLOCK LETTERS.
- Incomplete applications cannot be processed.
- Signatures and photographs are required to be less than 6 months old.
- You must ensure that your signature is made within the white boxed areas. Failure to do so may invalidate your application. Children over the age of 10 need to sign the application form.
- Australian photograph requirements differ from local Belgium/Luxembourg photo standards.
- Please do not affix photographs with staples or paperclips to the application as this will damage the image.
- You should allow up to three (3) weeks to receive a new passport.
- All documents submitted must be originals, photocopies and/or certified copies are not acceptable.
- For PC8 applicants: If you were born overseas, please provide your Australian citizenship certificate and your foreign birth certificate (with an official translation into English or the International version issued by the Belgian or Luxembourg Authorities).
We invite the lodging parent to provide also the ID of the non-accompanying parent.
General passport information
- Applying for an adult passport while overseas
- Renewing an Australian adult passport
- You are applying for an Australian Passport following a name change?
- Acceptable combinations of identification documents for adult PC8 applications
- Applying for a child passport while overseas
- Parental consent for a child
- B11 form - General statement by passport applicant - use this form only if requested by the Passport Office
- Photo guidelines
Translation of foreign documents
The Australian Embassy, Brussels, does not provide translation services. Please visit Belgian Chamber of Translators & Interpreters; Luxembourg Association of Translators & Interpreters or in Australia National Accreditation Authority for Translators and Interpreters for a list of certified translators and interpreters in these respectve countries.
In providing these names, neither the Australian Government, nor the Australian Embassy in Brussels can accept any responsibility whatsoever for the competence or otherwise of the organisations mentioned.
- Passport application fees and payment details for NOVEMBER 2018
The Australian Embassy in Brussels does not accept cash payments. All fees must be paid in euros at time of lodgement. The Embassy accepts debit cards, Visa and Mastercard credit cards.
The Euro amount is subject to revision on the first day of each month due to exchange rate fluctuations and/or changes to the fees payable under the Passport Act. Please check these details again if you are paying in a different month.
|PASSPORT FEES (November 2018)||AUD||EUR|
|CHILD (aged 16 or 17)||282||207|
|CHILD (aged 15 or under)||142||121|
|SENIOR (over 75 years)||142||153|
|EMERGENCY PASSPORT APPLICATION FEE||178||110|
- The above passport fees include the overseas surcharge
- The Australian Embassy in Brussels is unable to offer a priority processing service for full validity passports. Please see "How long to get a passport".
- Where there is an urgent need to travel, a limited validity Emergency Passport may be issued. A full validity passport may be applied for simultaneously, utilising the same application as for the Emergency Passport.
- Your new passport can be collected from the Embassy. If you are unable to do so, a postage fee of € 7.00 is charged for registered mail within Belgium and € 11.00 to Luxembourg. The Australian Embassy in Brussels cannot send the passport to a location outside of these countries.